The Relationship Between Slurry Pump Life And Correct Use(2)
2. Correct use of slurry pump
(1) When the pump is about to stop running, it should run for a period of time with clean water to remove the slurry in the pipeline to prevent materials from depositing in the feed pipe and volute, otherwise the following situations will occur:
(a) The pump is crushed and cannot be started when it is used again.
(b) Larger shaking will occur when restarting, because the deposited material produces eccentric force during the rotation of the impeller.
(c) The sedimented material blocks the feed pipe.
(2) Ensure that the pump runs under the allowed slurry material. When using it on site, ensure that the density of the slurry and the largest particle size are within the range specified by the slurry pump model. Excessive density will cause excessive friction between the slurry and the pipe wall, which will damage the parts in severe cases. If the particles exceed the maximum allowed by the pump, the pump may vibrate, directly causing damage to the flow parts.
(3) When using a slurry pump, install a high-pressure air pipe in the feed pipe to prevent the deposit of slurry materials before the pump is started. Avoid running the pump without closing the high-pressure air pipe, otherwise it will cause high-pressure air in the slurry. Due to the low inlet pressure of the pump, the gas in the feed pipe expands rapidly. After entering the high-pressure zone through the impeller, the protective plate and the volute cause impact and aggravate wear.
(4) Avoid using a slurry pump when the filling height is insufficient. Otherwise, the absolute pressure of the suction slurry may be less than or equal to the vaporization pressure at the site temperature. A part of the liquid in the slurry will vaporize and form bubbles, thus cause cavitation. Therefore, it is necessary to ensure the liquid level in the suction pool.
(5) The shaft seal water supply of the slurry pump cannot be interrupted. Most slurry pumps are equipped with a shaft seal water device to ensure the pump body shaft seal. Ensure that the water in the device is sufficient.
3. Maintenance of slurry pump
Timely and correct repairs and maintenance can maximize the service life of the slurry pump.
(1) Adjust the gap between the slurry pump impeller and the guard plate or pump casing. This gap has been adjusted before leaving the factory, but after a period of use, due to wear and other reasons, the gap between the impeller and the guard plate or the pump casing will inevitably change. The size of the gap has a direct effect on the slurry flow rate. After the gap increases, the flow rate decreases, that is, the operating efficiency of the slurry pump decreases. Due to the unavoidable axial movement of the pump during operation under actual working conditions, the gap cannot be infinitely small, and the gap should be adjusted to the minimum required by the assembly of the slurry pump. Regularly observe the flow rate of the pump. If the slurry density is constant, if the gate must be opened to make the flow rate normal, it means that the gap of the pump has increased. You can grasp the regular adjustment rule through daily production and make timely adjustments.
(2) Adjust and repair the unevenly worn pump parts in time. The flow rate at the inlet of the pump is low, and it is prone to wear faster than the upper part of the feeding nipple of the pump and the lower part of the front guard plate. According to the actual working conditions on site, the position can be rotated in time to make all parts wear evenly and lifespan be extended.